February has come and gone and it sure was a busy month.
The Blessing of the month came on the 13th all cute and cuddly.
My family and I welcomed my beautiful Grandson to the world.
Setting up for Metal Jewelry Tutorials
Last month, I began my Series on Metalsmithing at Home to to introduce the Basic Tools and Set-ups.
My Metal Jewelry Tutorials are starting very soon and this series is designed to help you prepare in advance.
There is such a wide variety of Tools and Techniques in Metalsmithing, it can be very daunting to sort through all the info out there and to narrow down the basic tools you need to get started.
When I decided to branch out into Metalsmithing, I found it much simpler to grasp the basics, if I looked at it from a Task Based point of view.
Beginner Metal Jewelry Projects for March
- Perfecting the Simple Loop
- The Wire Wrapped Loop
- Make your Own Ear Wires
Beaded Jewelry Projects
Pearls on the Halfshell Project ~ Beginning in March
In this month’s Bead Weaving Project, we will explore the use of Tubular Herringbone Stitch to create a Bezel for a Bead. Or in this case, more like a half Bezel.
I had to order the Pearls for this project and as soon as they arrive, we will get started on this pretty project.
Make sure to Follow to my Blog and Subscribe to The Alluring Bead Boutique Design Channel on YouTube to work along with Pearls on the Halfshell.
Tools and Materials List:
- 1 – 14 mm Swarovski Pearl
- 2 – 12 mm Swarovski Pearls
- 3-4 grams 8/0 Round Seed Beads
- 3-4 grams 11/0 Round Seed Beads
- 2-3 grams 15/0 Round Seed Beads
- 3 – 11 mm Teardrop Beads
- 3 or 4 – 4 mm Round Faceted Crystals
- 2-3 feet 22 Gauge Jewelry Wire
- 5-6 feet Beading Thread of your Choice
- 1 – Size 11 Beading Needle
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
- Scissors or Thread Burner
- Optional – One Marquis or 6mm Crystal for the Pendant