A New Project Series
For the last few weeks, we have been working on a new series here on the blog called Bead Weaving 101.
And the first technique we have been digging into is Peyote Stitch.
In keeping with that series, I have decided to add a new project that combines some of the fabulous Peyote Stitch variations we have explored.
If you happen to follow my YouTube Channel, you may have already noticed the Ruffled Peyote Cuff Bracelet Bands Video.
I am still working on the final touches and embellishments, but I am ready to get you started on the project if you would like to participate.
Tools and Materials
- 3 Colors – Size 11/0 Delica Beads
- 2 Colors – 15/0 Seed Beads
- 2 Colors – 11/0 Seed Beads
- 2 Colors – 8/0 Seed Beads
- 9 or more Czech Glass Tile Beads
- 1-3 Colors Superduos 14 per unit
- 20 – 4 mm Czech Fire Polish or Round Crystals or Accent Beads of your choice.
- 1 Size 11 or 12 Beading Needle
- 7-10 Wingspans – .006 Fireline Beading Thread – Black Satin or your preference
- Scissors or Thread Burner
- Clasps of your choice –
- 3 – Lobster Claw Clasps
- 6 – 6 mm matching Jump Rings
For the Bands:
- Flat Even Count Peyote
- Flat Cellini and Reverse Flat Cellini
For the Center:
- Forming Shapes using CRAW and Superduos (Cubic Right Angle Weave)
- Connecting Components
Putting the Bracelet Together
- Combining Stitches – Peyote and Right Angle Weave
- How to Finish Peyote Strip Ends
- Adding Clasps to Peyote Project
Most of the series will be presented in Video form. You are welcome to jump over to Ruffled Peyote Cuff Bracelet Bands Video and get started on the bands if you want to get a head start.
In the first portion of the videos, I give all the color information for the beads I used in the project.
I would like to encourage you to choose any colors of beads you like but it is a good idea to stick to the sizes recommended and use them in the same order so your bracelet will work out according to the design.
If you are an experienced bead weaver, by all means use your own creativity.